Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamy_thompson

Buyer Beware at BASSETT FURNITURE

tamy mcwilliams
5 years ago

We purchased several pieces of Bassett furniture, a little over a year ago and are extremely displeased with the quality. The fabric, on our sofa is showing all-over wear/pilling and the table has multiple small dents/scratches.

Several months after purchase I was concerned with the sofa and contacted our store directly (they came out twice over a few month period). Our main concern was the amount of pilling and wear on the fabric body and edges. The representative used a fabric fuzz remover and said the pilling should not continue and suggested to speed the process we could have the fabric cleaned (which would stop the process). We were also told at this time that pilling was not covered by their warranty. I've since purchased a fuzz remover, had the fabric cleaned and still have found the need to de-fuzz it every few months. After a bit over a year the fabric looks worn and shabby.

We are newly retired and did our research before our move and purchase. We truly believed Bassett to be a quality product. We were also told (by our sales person), at the time of purchase, that the fabric we chose was a higher grade fabric (with a higher price point). I believed at the time we had made a quality purchase.

I've had many upholstered pieces over my lifetime and have never experienced this type of breakdown in such a short amount of time (my last sofa was 15 years old and never pilled or showed fabric wear). I'm also not one to complain for minor imperfections, however this was a major purchase, I'm now faced with replacing.

At the same time we purchased a dining table and chairs. I agree with others that the wood is very soft and dents/scratches easily. I'm not sure but it may be both soft wood and/or an inferior finish.

Read the fine print.....!

After contacting both the store and the manufacturer directly I was told they were sorry I was dissatisfied but the warranty doesn't cover my problems.

Comments (74)