Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_967329065

Curb Appeal Suggestions Needed

Sherry Stocker
11 days ago

Our home is very dated, and I'm looking for ideas to add some curb appeal. Do you have any suggestions? We have a 100 mile view so I hate to plant a tall tree in front of the windows. Thanks!!

Comments (10)

• KW PNW Z8
    11 days ago

Will you post more pictures of the entire scape to receive better ideas? Stand in front of house facing that 100 mile view that your doggie seems to be enjoying! Take another pic showing what’s on side of house in front of raised deck. Where’s the front entry? Seems that those bottom 2 windows shouldn’t be blocked either - they may not have the view but would need the natural light. The deal is that to add appeal to a landscape, the entire space needs to be considered as well as the setting - is this a country / rural home or do you have nearby / close neighbors?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 days ago

IMO the color is dead looking , are you wanting to change that or just landscaping? Where is the entry? I agree more pics posted here in comments DO NOT start another post.

• Sherry Stocker
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Edit: we are in rural housing development, on 5 acrea parcel.

• Sherry Stocker
    Original Author
    11 days ago

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

Some option to go with some shrubs. Make flower bed bigger.

• Lyn Nielson
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

are the windows Terratone? or painted? if they are terratone, I would paint the siding SW Virtual Taupe, to unify the color overall leave the trim and windows, facia, and lighten up the entry way and paint the front door. I'd leave the landscaping as is, wouldn't want to obstruct the light and view from the lower floor windows.

• KW PNW Z8
    11 days ago

Sherry, thanks for the added pics - really gives the perspective! I like Celery’s image suggestion. You don’t say what geographic area you’re in so no plant suggestions from me. But, considering the long view you want to preserve, I’d think about bisecting the property frontage with a staggered hedge row of low growing nice evergreens. You have trees on sides of yard & all around you but you could still add ’low’ height to the hedgerow. Adding this feature would give the eye a place to stop instead of going straight to house. So, a modicum of privacy but not closed off privacy. The open space is nice to preserve.

• tracefloyd
    11 days ago
    last modified: 6 days ago

I can't quite see the entire front porch and door but that area is so dark.

Paint the front door a bright color to be seen from the road.

The gray garage doors are bland...go white with those...brighten things up.

Paint the red peak to match the rest of the house. (In your photo the shadow is making the facade look blue but it's supposed to be your beige.)

Or wood garage doors.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    11 days ago

The brown on brown color scheme isn't doing you any favors. I'd go for a lighter earth tone color scheme and lots of flowering shrubs in the foundation beds. And, if it's in the budget, I think I'd lose the arched part of the upper windows.

• Sigrid
    11 days ago

I'm not keen on the beige, but you took your pic on a dreary day, which makes everything look dreary. I'd paint it blue with white trim.