Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leanne_cagnolatti

help with buffet decor

LeAnne C
12 days ago

Can anyone please suggest what I should decorate this buffet with? I love traditional/antique style.

Comments (10)

• Kendrah
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

You should decorate it with very little because what you have going on here is already stunning. Can you show pics of what is in the rest of the room?

Do you have a large bowl, large jars, ceramic pieces or canisters in your home already that you can play around with? I'd put one large piece off center to the left and call it a day.

A ginger jar would certainly work, but I'd like something more unexpected.

• LeAnne C
    Original Author
    12 days ago

This is the rest of my dining room. It’s still somewhat bare. I need a rug and also I need drapes, which I am having a hard time trying to decide on. I want to get it right since they are so expensive. Also, I have a table cloth on my table because it either needs to be refinished, or replaced.

• Kendrah
    11 days ago

I'd take cues from your artwork for a solid or low patterned rug, and for curtains with more of a pattern.

Your furniture is beautiful but the scale of the room is feeling off. I would aim to over time do away with the mirrors, which do not do your home or furniture justice. I'd put the cabinet on the long wall where the mirrors are, allowing for more room for fuller drapes. The drapes could be a more decorative element of the room.

• RedRyder
    11 days ago

I agree with @Kendrah about the mirrors. They’re not adding any decorative value consistent with your furniture.

Your dining room has nice pieces. You might find a pretty rug for underneath your table on FB Marketplace, or on sale someplace. That one item can set the tone for your dining room by bringing in colors you like.

• RedRyder
    11 days ago

Here are some dining rooms with rugs. They’re all different, but they all enhance the furniture.

• RedRyder
    11 days ago

Three different ones.

• LeAnne C
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Only problem with putting furniture on the long wall is there is no room. Unless we had a smaller table, because of the location of the chandelier being over the center of the table. The cabinet was given to us for free. So I just put it there. It was too beautiful to say no to.

• Olychick
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

I really like the mirrors! Your buffet is gorgeous with the art and sconces. I would shop your china cabinet for something for the top of the buffet. Or maybe look for something brass to carry that down to the top. Maybe an art glass piece?

• arcy_gw
    11 days ago

I liked the mirrors also--just not thrilled with what they reflect so I might move away from them. Drapes will make all the difference and FILL your room. Your buffet is calling for antique/ family pieces. I prefer to lean towards that which is used in a dining room, vs bobbles just to take up space.

• btydrvn
    10 days ago

The chandelier can be moved by adding chain and swagging it to a different location….. if that accommodates a new …different size …table
    better…

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!