Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kavita_jha57

Living room decor

Kavita Jha
12 days ago

Hello , I am a new apartment home owner . I just wanted an advice here . I have this vase next to my tv stand . I wanted to know if this stool and vase together looks good or I should just have a larger vase without stool. Also the color of vase should be similar to the tv stand or contrast will look better. Here I would like to mention this climber is temporarily, I will get a real plant for this corner . Looking forward to your suggestions . Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

• BarbieCalgary
    12 days ago

Need to see rest of room. Looks like you have sofa where you would crick your neck trying to see the TV. Do you have small child? If these dolls are yours I would keep them in your bedroom. You’re an adult now and you deserve to be recognized as such. Show us your entire room and people on this forum will give you lots of ideas…guaranteed .

• Kavita Jha
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Firstly , thanks for your genuine feedback Yes , I have a toddler son. I have arranged his soft toys temporarily. He throws everything on the floor . I am sharing the entire living area . Hope to get more suggestions and recommendations

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    7 days ago

Agreed, please lower the TV. A toy box or basket for your babies toys would be nice. Preferably where the plant is now. What about putting the tall lamp in the corner to the left of your couch and sliding glass doors. The plant doesn’t really work there.congratulations on your new home. Happy Mother’s Day to you. Best wishes.

• Kavita Jha
    Original Author
    6 days ago

Thanks for your suggestions, I agree thar the TV should have been at little lower side but I did it at this height purposely as I wanted it to be out of reach to our son . Also I really liked the idea of using a toy bin . The left side of the couch is empty because I am planning to put a side table at that end . Will do the needful. I am wondering what to put at the place of toys , I mean what kind of show pieces will look good .

• happyleg
    6 days ago

Is that a real plant plants usually need light can you put it in a corner near a window those stands look nice in a corner or in front of a window they also look nice beside a couch but or is that a chair how can you see TV very good watching TV there with the couch?

• happyleg
    6 days ago

Yes the plant would look nice on the other side of the couch I see the picture now and you could put it over there by the sliding doors and you don't have to have a toy box for the kids toys I would lower the TV down unless you think the children are going to break it cuz you don't want them to break it and put a basket you could use even for their toys that would be good

• happyleg
    6 days ago

I should add that we have our TV 36 inches from the floor