Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donya_northcutt

Guest bedroom ideas.......I need your HELP again :)

Donya Northcutt
23 days ago
last modified: 22 days ago

I moved from Texas to Colorado and I have had design ADD ever since! Please tell me your suggestions for this basement bedroom. I have aspen tree art (included a pic)

to put over the bed (or not, lol).

We had a tall dresser in the blank space but got rid of it, thinking a chair, etc. could go there instead.

I am also looking for new bedding.

We have front-range mountain views (included a pic) so thinking of a more lodge look for the basement. We have guests flying in a month from now, so I could really use any & all ideas. You have all been so AWESOME!!!!

Comments (8)

• Donya Northcutt
    Original Author
    21 days ago

@tracefloyd thank you so very, very much for all the wonderful suggestions! I will be using your ideas. :)

• tracefloyd
    21 days ago
    last modified: 20 days ago

I'm so pleased.

This chair goes with the Vail print, nice washed Indigo.

This has straight legs... does not have legs that splay out, such as a stool, that would be a toe stubber in the passageway. The top as wide as possible for luggage. Or get luggage racks for the closet like a hotel.

I'm not an expert on lamp height but a bare bulb should not glare on you reading in bed. This one reminds me of the Colorado mining era. The swing arm is practical.

• Kendrah
    20 days ago

I had 8 sets of guests last year, studied how they used the space, asked questions, then made changes. Here are a few and how they could fit into your space.

A chair will be crammed in the nook and people would just throw stuff on it. Add a shelf the width of the nook, plug in a multiport charging station to sit on it. (I see an outlet there right?) Lower the VAIL picture.

Pendelton blankets are the such a cabin vibe. Get one with the Vail picture colors for the foot of the bed and coordinate simple bedspread and pillows to match. Swap lamps for something slightly more earthy but not cabin cliche.

Everybody loves a bench for luggage in a guest room but the foot of the bed is going to start to feel hemmed in with a bench under the window. Is there room for a bench on the fourth wall by the door? If so, I'd put a few hooks in a row above it for guests' purses, jackets, clothes they will wear again. (Please post a pic of the fourth wall.)

Remove all the decorative objects from the dresser. People will use the top for their own items.

How wide is the tree painting compared to the width of the bed? Get some command strips to hang the picture and then post an image for feedback.

Pendleton Wyeth Trail Blanket · More Info

Graham Table Lamp · More Info

Power Hub 5 USB + 2 AC Charging Station, Eco-Friendly Bamboo, No Short Cords · More Info

Multi-Device Charging Station & Dock, Walnut, Without Power Supply · More Info

• tracefloyd
    20 days ago
    last modified: 20 days ago

If you can pass in front of the dresser, a bench against the same wall should be okay. This uphostered one is only 15" deep.

A small footstool or pouf for the chair would be nice to put one's feet up.

I was thinking both silver lamps could be used to flank the mirror and complement it's height.

• BPMBA
    19 days ago
    last modified: 19 days ago

In addition to the other recos, remove most of the decorative bed pillows. They're too many and fussy. Where does the guest put them at night - on the floor? Where are the put-your-head-on-them pillows? Also make sure there's plenty of places for stuff to be put down, like the top of the dresser & in it. Suitcase rack(s); chair for putting on shoes.

• enajasereht
    19 days ago

I don't think you need all the drawer space. My guests like to hang things on the coat rack and put their luggage on the luggage rack. They don't even bother to use the closet though both guestrooms have one. Put a bench or chair in that nook for them to sit and put on/take off their shoes. A full length mirror on the short wall where the dresser is would be useful. It's a nice room with a great view!

• tracefloyd
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

Quilts are nice and not hot like a comforter. I think this goes with the art and headboard.

A nice blue?