Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna_hinton29

Wall paint to complement medallion sea salt cabinets?

Anna Hinton
3 months ago

Does Simply White by Benjamin Moore pair well with medallion sea salt cabinets?

Comments (12)

• millworkman
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Any other colors in the room? Countertops? Backsplash? Floors? Walls? Natural light? If open concept, surrounding rooms?

• Kate Cowers
    3 months ago

Interesting that an article I read this week says white kitchens are the top design trend that is out of style.

• Lyn Nielson
    3 months ago

if that is the fresh clean look you are going for. I say yes.

do you have a floor color to share? dark floor light room sounds nice and fresh.

remember once you add all the daily life, the white won't look so stark. Sounds like a winner to me.

• Anna Hinton
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Yes- medium brown wood floors, celeste navy blue island with cognac leather counter stools, white quartz countertops with light veining, brass fixtures and hardware, and stainless steel appliances. I'm in the city so my kitchen doesn't get a ton of natural light. I did the kitchen five years ago but it's become more open concept recently because a wall came down for another project and I have to repaint the whole kitchen anyway. I have recessed lighting and will be putting two milk glass and brass pendants above the island. Would white dove be a better paint color option? Thanks all for your help!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3 months ago

Show a photo of the space--a picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

How much wall space do you have? Usually kitchens don't have much open wall space. Can you paint the walls the same color as the cabinets?

• Anna Hinton
    Original Author
    3 months ago

This is not my kitchen but the colors are similar (white cabinets, navy island, brass, wood)

• wdccruise
    3 months ago

Medallion Cabinetry: Maple Sea Salt finish

ERROR: THIS IS NOT THE "MAPLE SEA SALT" PAINT OF THE OP'S CABINETS. THIS IS "PAINT WITH DRY BRUSH MAPLE SEA SALT".

• Anna Hinton
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Cabinets and island color. I will upload a photo as well. There is one long wall now that will not have cabinets on it. It is opposite the wall of cabinets.

• darbuka
    3 months ago

wdcruise’s example of Sea Salt, looks entirely different than what you posted! Not even close. Which is more accurate?

Can you get a sample door? If so, take it to a paint store…either look through paint cards, of have someone on staff help you select a complimentary color to Sea Salt.

• Anna Hinton
    Original Author
    3 months ago

The cabinet color I posted is the correct color. The island will go on the left where the appliances are and the wall below the window is empty. Flooring is this.

• wdccruise
    3 months ago

To cause as much confusion as possible, Medallion has two Maple Sea Salt finishes. The one posted above is "Paint with Dry Brush Maple Sea Salt". Below is "Maple Sea Salt" on the OP's cabinets. The finishes are completely different but Medallion gives them similar names.

• sharonwm
    14 days ago

I stumbled across this post since I am looking at the same medallion cabinets in the White Icing / Celeste color combination. How did it go?