Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_632412474

WOOD FLOORING REDO

Lisa
4 months ago

I AM LOOKING TO RESTAIN RED OAK FLOORS. I WOULD LOVE A NEUTRAL BEIGE COLOR TO GO WITH MY NEW HOUSE REDO WHICH IS CREAM, BLUES, GRAYS,ETC. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL AND APPRECIATED! I DO NOT WANT ANY RED TONES OR GOLD UNDERTONES.

THANK YOU!!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Marrakeche Crafts
    4 months ago

Congratulations on your new house redo! For a neutral beige without red or gold undertones, you might consider stains in the light taupe or greige (gray-beige) family. These shades typically neutralize the natural redness of oak and offer a modern, sophisticated finish that aligns well with your color scheme.

Once your floors are restained, you may find that adding accent pieces can further enhance the overall aesthetic of your space. In this context, our Moroccan handmade products could offer the perfect complement.

https://www.marrakeche.com

These elements can create focal points in your rooms, bringing warmth and a global flair to the neutral base you've established with your flooring and wall colors.

If you would like more information or suggestions on specific pieces that would complement your new home's interior, feel free to reach out.

Best wishes on your home renovation journey!

Warm regards,

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 months ago

In my experience red oak floors are hard to finis kight colored without the pink shining through. You can sometimes find a floor refinisher that use teqnigues that are not cheap to get a much lighter floor I think a really dark ebony floor mighr be fabulous with all the light tones

• Joy W
    3 months ago

When I see the word oak, I automatically think either red or gold. That is the color of this wood. Because you want to cover and and not enhance, I would suggest a spray on that is oil based and then you can choose literally any color you want. Water based stains are going to go into the pores and enhance the red. Or try a pickling stain in the grey/white color line.