Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_wetherell13

Style gurus, help with bathroom

Margaret Wetherell
10 months ago

Hi folks,
Im back for some unbridled opinions!
Finally repainted and updating our teens/guest bathroom.
Vanity & tile are staying for now. looking for mirror/lighting and above the toilete ideas. Also, leave the left wall open for space? We like a clean/light feel over all maybe a touch of spa sparkle. Insp and pics appreciated.

Comments (12)

• Margaret Wetherell
    Original Author
    10 months ago

• Margaret Wetherell
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thanks for the feedback! tile and vanity are staying for now. Plans to address those down the road but not right now. We are staying with the silver blue paint and color scheme looking for lighting, mirror shelves, organization, and accessory input.

• Margaret Wetherell
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Would probably do a black and white pattern tile when the time comes , something in this range

• Susanne Woolley
    10 months ago

That floor tile is super fun and I think would be great with the silver blue walls. It’s not a huge space, so from a budget standpoint, could be the single best way to really refresh the entire space, if you could consider doing the floor? Vanity looks fine, maybe new crisp hardware. Large mirror, 4 light vanity fixture.

Are you keeping the countertop?

• midcentura
    10 months ago

A 32-36” round beveled mirror would be modern and clean especially when reflecting the pretty silver blue walls. A vanity light with light rattan shades would be nice and airy, and somewhat relate to the tiled floor. I have the same small bathroom and I love how the shower curtain from a ceiling track elevates the room. The ceiling track is easy to install. You’ll need a longer length shower curtain — Amazon has great deals on simple white waffle weave shower curtains in the longer length. For bath mats I like ikea’s bath mats because they stay soft and lofty between washings, and they’re sophisticated. Get two mats and line them up leading to the shower. You’ll hardly see the tiled floor.

Margaret Wetherell thanked midcentura
  • midcentura
    10 months ago

Two floating shelves in a blond wood to hold pretty baskets of makeup and extra toilet paper, towels could be mounted above the toilet.

Margaret Wetherell thanked midcentura
  • Danielle Dunstable
    10 months ago

I love it

Margaret Wetherell thanked Danielle Dunstable
  • salonva
    10 months ago

Just to offer a mirror I've liked but not been able to use

Not sure what finish you are looking for.

I think the use of rug/bathmats would be very helpful now. The new tile will be perfect with the vanity and wall color.

Margaret Wetherell thanked salonva
  • palimpsest
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

Since this is interim really, and you are not changing anything currently there, I would find artwork, a patterned rug, something with beige and cool gray together. "Clashing" colors are often combined in multicolor patterns.

IMO that type of beige tan mottled porcelain tile is one of the worst building materials of the last quarter century. It's a fake "neutral" that looks terrible with everything except shade or tint of itself.

It's extremely difficult to work with.

Margaret Wetherell thanked palimpsest
  • PRO
    DeWayne
    10 months ago

Replacing the tile can be done for a couple of thousand. Save your money to do exactly that. Nothing will make it work with anything you want for your future bath. The most I would spend would be to cover it with a bound carpet rug that covered as much of the floor as possible.

Margaret Wetherell thanked DeWayne
  • PRO
    Notting Hill Decorative Hardware
    9 months ago

Love the wall color! Great job so far!

Margaret Wetherell thanked Notting Hill Decorative Hardware