Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emmy_lou62

First kitchen reno, what do you think?

Emmy lou
last year

After a water damage claim I had to redesign my entire kitchen and dining area, here is a before and after - the fireplace is now in the dining room.

Comments (16)

• motupeg
    last year

Thank you for sharing. It is a really nice space now.

• Choco Bobo
    last year

Looks great! Congratulations!

• midcentura
    last year

Your new kitchen is beautiful! And the fireplace looks like it’s always been in its new spot. Great room planning!

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    last year

It’s beautiful! You did a great job. 👏🏻 Enjoy your new space!

• Sheila Kelly
    12 months ago

Looks great!  So much more open and inviting!

• arcy_gw
    12 months ago

Not a lot of before pic to compare. Both had basically no uppers which is unusual for a before of any age. Do you miss the wood ceiling? Both were/are open and inviting. The important question is how do you LOVE it!?

• Jennifer Tyson
    12 months ago

How beautiful... I grew up without upper cabinets in most to the kitchen. Love it.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    12 months ago

Looks great!

• Shawna
    12 months ago

Love it! What’s with the vertical blinds though?

• thinkdesignlive
    12 months ago

Looks great. Finishing touch with a new ceiling light:

https://www.lumens.com/cassia-semi-flushmount-by-alora-mood-AMOP430747.html

• thinkdesignlive
    12 months ago

It’s hard to tell with the photo which may be distorting the distance of the dining table. Have you tried rotating and centering the dining table in that space overall (vs what looks like you’re trying to center it under the light which makes it seem squished too much to the other side of the room). Having a bit of breathing room between it and the FP may feel better too.

• PRO
    Aardvark Architecture
    11 months ago

Well done! Now get some planters with herbs to liven up the space and your future dishes!

• zealart
    11 months ago

Clearly just my opinion.

Is there an actual vent hood above thes stove, or is that just a cabinet? Hopefully vent, because that cabinet is going to get hit with steam and oil.

The ceiling light looks out of place. It looks too small for the space. A larger nice looking ( not boob light) flush mount light would work better. The walls need some shelving, or art work, because they look odd bare, and make the tiles look off ( but there isn't anything wrong with the tiles, it' just with the bare walls throw them off for me).

I do like that you ran the same kind of floor throughout the whole space.

• Kendrah
    11 months ago

LOVE the new kitchen. It is so refreshing to see something that doesn't look cookie cutter and like every other kitchen on houzz. Really nice job.

• Kay p
    11 months ago

You should be proud! Love your kitchen.