maggie1761
last year

Comments (15)

• jck910
    last year

Wow!! Interesting house style

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    last year

All that rock, bare soil (or whatever it is), and mulch? And still those peculiar trees near the house.

• cecily 7A
    last year

Why no plantings? That's a lot of mulch to replenish annually.

maggie1761 thanked cecily 7A
  • mojavemaria
    last year

Good of you to take out that huge water thirsty lawn. Your mulch area is so big I wonder if some big low water use plants like Agave Americana and Opuntia ”Old Mexico” would add some interest?

maggie1761 thanked mojavemaria
  • Beerpocketbook
    last year

It’s going to look very nice once those plantings you have get bigger. It’s a bit difficult to see what they are at this point. I like the shape of the landscape beds.

maggie1761 thanked Beerpocketbook
  • Beerpocketbook
    last year

The house looks very pretty, too!

maggie1761 thanked Beerpocketbook
  • Rose Smith
    last year

I think you did a FAB job!

maggie1761 thanked Rose Smith
  • Jilly
    last year
    last modified: last year

Great job! It has a very artistic look I like. So much more interesting than a big, flat, drought-ridden lawn. Show us updates when what you planted is more mature! :)

maggie1761 thanked Jilly
  • arcy_gw
    last year

I am confused. Near the fence, am I seeing a sidewalk? But when you get to the mulch it's not there???? The first pic is a different angle but in the after I see a sidewalk until your property line? I would think the neighborhood would appreciate the sidewalk.

• Jennifer
    last year

Nicely done. I like the different textures. When you have a lot of streetside, you need to be creative and that big sweep in different textures is effective. Those flat panoramic photos don't represent the space very well.

maggie1761 thanked Jennifer
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    last year

Am I missing something? I see two photos and the second one seems to be mostly rocks and mulch with a few plants that are difficult to see up near the house. You can add more photos in follow-up posts. I would love to see close-ups of your 300 new plants!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    last year

Fabulous work!

• tracefloyd
    11 months ago

Very nice updated interpretation of the home's period style and also a good design plan using the existing curved site layout. Great curb appeal.

• marmiegard_z7b
    11 months ago

Where are the pathways through the big area? I would think you would need that to do regular maintenance, or to stroll through.

I saw a YouTube or similar where the homeowners killed off the grass to install xeric, native plants, EXCEPT for the planned pathways. I guess that could still be a problem , as a pre- existing grass species might not survive in the new water- less zone. Anyway the point was that they could be mowed, but in a fraction of the time.

Perhaps you have got pathways in there that don’t show up in this photo - maybe stepping stones with shorter plants around and between them.