Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcguirekitchenbath

Before and After Bathroom Remodel - Bathroom of the Week

Our clients wanted a full-gut primary bathroom remodel, with new textures and colors. With the layout of the bathroom largely staying the same, our goal was to increase functionality and add layers of comfort and luxury, giving our clients a beautiful bathroom that will bring delight every day. We're so thrilled to have our Project Country Comfort chosen as Houzz Bathroom of the Week, and we love how the before & after pics show the transformation.

The project folder is on our profile, and here is our blog link with more details and a walk-through video: Comfort and Luxury in Stoneham Primary Bathroom

Let us know what you think!

BEFORE:

Project Country Comfort Bathroom in Stoneham MA · More Info

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments (10)

• arcy_gw
    last year

Where is this home? The wood wainscotting just doesn't work in modern spaces, especially in a high humidity room like a bathroom. The worst is the shower--fully glass maybe would have worked but for sure the wood pony wall for the shower was a misstep.

• Valinta
    last year

I like all of it! Properly treated bead board will withstand humidity with modern HVAC and paint. The pony wall does eliminate a portion of glass that does need to be squeeged after shower and provides a spot for a shower bench,

McGuire + Co. Kitchen & Bath thanked Valinta
  • ljsaeman
    last year

What an improvement! Lovely color and very fresh, while homey design.

McGuire + Co. Kitchen & Bath thanked ljsaeman
  • millworkman
    last year

That free standing tub will be a hot mess trying to clean and the Texture 1-11 look wood wainscotting does nothing for me either.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    last year

Looks great!

• Debbie
    last year

This is lovely and functional.

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    last year

Gorgeous! What a transformation!

McGuire + Co. Kitchen & Bath thanked FrameMyMirror
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last year

It's a really great improvement. However, I might have suggest that the cabinet between the sinks be painted white. The color of it as it is now makes a barrier. Lightening it up might help with that.

• Kendrah
    last year

It is really refreshing to see a modern bathroom that retains some sense of charm and isn't too hard and sleek looking. The colors are subtle, the floor is an interesting pattern, and while I'm not a fan of gigantic freestanding tubs, this one at least doesn't look like an egg or bar of Dove soap.

I don't understand the big countertop cabinet that really breaks up the space. Nor would I be happy spending so much money on a new bathroom that ends up with lights that look like they came from Home Depot. But, I presume those are client choices so what can you do?