Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
j_h_s

Shinnoki Veneers: Natural Oak and Ivory Oak

J H
2 years ago

Hello! Has anyone used Shinnoki veneers for their kitchen cabinetry, or anywhere in their home? We're considering using Natural Oak or Ivory Oak on our kitchen cabinets but are having a hard time deciding if we're happy with the finishes or should consider another product/finish.

I have samples and a gallery of installed images from the distributor but they are mostly commercial or high-end residential installs and professional photography so I'm hoping to find some more real-life applications. If anyone is willing to share feedback on the product or photos of their space it would be much appreciated!

Comments (10)

• HU-377056425
    last year

Hello, we are considering it, too, and can't really find any reviews. Did you end up going with Shinnoki? Or learn any pros/cons? Thank you!

• J H
    Original Author
    last year

Hi! We decided to go with Shinnoki Ivory oak. They’ve installed our bathroom vanities but not our kitchen cabinets, but we should be done in a month or two and I’d be happy to share feedback and photos! From what I can tell so far it looks true to the samples but our lighting isn’t in yet so it’s hard to say. No major red flags yet 🤞🏻

• HU-377056425
    last year

thank you, I appreciate it!

• scott zdrazil
    last year

any updates?

• Namitha Kumar
    18 days ago

Hello OP- how have your shinnoki held up? What did you use in your kitchen instead of Shinnoki?

• J H
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Hi! We did end up going with Shinnoki Ivory Oak throughout our house (kitchen, bath, entry) and so far it has held up well after 1.5 years. We have 2 young kids and so far we've had no major issues. I've noticed a few places where the edge banding has lifted a tiny bit after snagging on clothes, etc. and we've had one scratch that I think came from one of our kids slamming a chair into a drawer but overall it's pretty good! If budget had not been a concern I would have gone with something slightly warmer and more organic looking--at times I feel like the stain on the Shinnoki looks a little more modern and clean than I was going for, but overall we've been very happy and it looks very true to all of the images I had seen of the product online.

• Namitha Kumar
    17 days ago

Thank you so much for your reply! Was your edge banding made from ABS or real wood? Is the scratch noticeable?

• J H
    Original Author
    17 days ago

The edge banding was also Shinnoki veneer, but I don't know enough about the process to really say if it's actually an issue--I can say that a tiny bit of wood glue seems to be all that it needs and it's only been on our bathroom vanity. The scratch is not noticeable to anyone except me :)

Here is a very real life photo of what the kitchen looks like today (floors are red oak with bona intense for a reference point): https://www.houzz.com/hznb/photos/kitchen-phvw-vp~205048904

• T Style
    11 days ago

Kitchen looks great but im concerned about the edgebanding as well from what i have seen in person its not the best quality edge banding and does seem to life and chip or look worn down. was it done through the manufacturer or the shop that built it out for you?

• Namitha Kumar
    10 days ago

@t style- I’ve heard this from others as well that it’s an issue

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio