Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheebs2936

Need color advice please for orange brick

Shey Overbeck
2 years ago

Painting old gutters on orange brick house. (Money extremely tight, best update is paint). Windows are white vinyl as well as white vinyl soffit. New roof has shades of brown and gray. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Shey

Comments (7)

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

Why do you feel they should be painted? If anything white like the trim/facia would make the gutters recede.

Shey Overbeck thanked arcy_gw
  • Shey Overbeck
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you for your advice. Gutters are ok but downspouts are extremely faded around the house. Just need an update which will also include some mulch and small shrubs.

• Koye Brown
    2 years ago

I would stick with the dark brown color for the gutters. They’re a nice contrast but still in the same color family. I think once you get your shrubs, etc. planted, that will be the pizazz you’re looking for :)

• Shey Overbeck
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all for helpful information. I will post a picture when completed in a couple weeks. Shey

• Marie Peti
    last year

Hi consider painting your front door a blue colour this may work as well are you able to post a picture of your house I also have the same coloured brick

• housegal200
    last year

You do not need to paint the brick, if that's what you had in mind. (I thought you wanted to know what to paint downspouts.) Your house has so much potential. You can take steps to implement changes as budget allows.

--Get a new front door and/or paint it a deep red or blue.

Paint your downspout a warm taupe color. Thnk about doing the same with the soffit. Get a new wood pillar and paint it the same warm golden taupe. Down the road, install a new walkway in warm stone tones.

--Frame your house with well designed landcaping. Resist the urge to plonk any old random shrubs into the ground. Create some deep garden beds and work with a small garden center to choose the best variety of foundation shrubs for your house that grow well in your climate and light conditions.

Modern cottage with low water frontyard planting · More Info