Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin_r_w

Picking Crate and Barrel fabric, Monet and Devon Steel

Erin W
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am purchasing a Barrett 2-Piece Right Bumper Sectional from Crate and Barrel. I am between these these swatches. Does anyone have any insight or could share examples (even if it's the same fabric but different color?). I did see them all in person and am working with a CB design consultant but could always use more advice. Since a couch is a huge investment.

We want something that looks expensive, keeps its shape really well, durable and very soft:

Devon Steel
Which we both like but we are worried its too thin and doesn't have enough texture

Monet Silver
Which is my favorite, but my husband thinks it looks cheap (he thinks it looks like a Raymour and Flanigan fabric) and I think the opposite, it looks like a really lux designer fabric

Monet Storm
Which my husband and I both like, but I am worried is too dark

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am wondering why anyone would buy this furniture with one comfortable seat . Sectional any size are 2 seats that are comfy since they have an arm and in this case only one seat all the rest lined up like musical chairs at a kids birthday part . IMO rethink this piece and get a nice sofa and a chair or two then you can have one color and hubby the other .

• PRO
    Erin W
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Patrica,

that is good food for thought. But we have a long narrow living room with a big window on the left side and an archway to the dinning room on the right. so this is best sectional for our space. we are big loungers (im hardley ever upright on a couch) so it allows both of us to have our feet up comfortably so it faces the tv. we will have chair on the opposite side as well.

• Brianne Margolin
    last year

I like the Monet Storm. The fabric is soft and the texture adds interest without being too busy. I think it's a very pretty color that looks good next to cream, tan, gray, and white. I like the blue undertone. The darker color will hide stains and you can use light color rugs, pillows, and throws to balance the darker tone of the sofa. We replaced 2 sofas with an l-shaped sectional and don't find issues with seating, we can seat one more person with this style. Everyone does want to lay in the coveted corner though :-)

• Brianne Margolin
    last year

Fabric info for people who don't have the swatches. Picture on top of BM Revere Pewter @75%

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    last year

did you get the monet? how has it held up? I looking at Monet Champaign.

• Alexandra Coffin
    9 months ago

I’m torn between champagne, silver & storm! Would love to hear what y’all decided

• carli812
    5 months ago

We just bought the gather deep sectional in Monet silver. The fabric is so soft and beautiful. Comfort was number one for us. I do have to re think what I am going to put with this sofa. It really is silver and bright and a cool tone and I was more of a warm tone girl.

• Michele Boudreau
    11 days ago

Our Gather section in Monet silver is supposed to arrive in a week or two. I was also previously leaning towards Storm, but like you worried it might be too dark. I had a sample of my wall color (Benjamin Moore Wheat Sheaf) at the C&B store and the staff unanimously voted for Monet Silver as a great combo with the walls. Fingers crossed! BTW I love my wall color, which goes great with our warm woodwork, so if you are looking for something to pull your warm and cool together, give it a try.