vermylen

miele convection steam oven vs wolf convection steam oven

vermylen
6 years ago

need to understand which one is better

Comments (10)

• minimalist183
    6 years ago

I'd go with Miele. more models & features to choose from.

The Wolf units are nice but aside from the cosmetics there doesn't appear to be any functional difference between the models they offer. Also, they do not appear to offer a plumbed model from what I can see. Unless your space does not permit it, you want to go with a plumbed model.

Wolf steam ovens are made by a european manufacturer (not sure which one though). The interior of the oven resembles a Vzug steam oven.

If your going for an all Wolf kitchen, go with Wolf, if not check out Miele.

FWIW, I currently own a Miele DG155 (steam only) and 2 Kuppersbusch (steam/convection) ovens. Both brands have a refillable water tank.

vermylen thanked minimalist183
  • vermylen
    Original Author
    6 years ago

wolf does not offer plumbed. but wolf is 1.8 cubic ft inside which is a bit bigger than miele...... miele offers a convection/steam/broil oven while wolf has no broil option with their convection/steam. So it's not an exact comparison. went to demo at wolf and the food (turkey, filet, cookies) prepared in the conv/steam were amazing. So am sold on the conv/steam just not sure which brand. Their prices are comparable. any additional thoughts? Thanks so much

• Kim G
    6 years ago

Miele has an XXL version as well if you are concerned about the .1 cu ft difference. I prefer the miele as it offers more control of the combi mode being able to select the % of steam. I looked extensively at both and went with Miele and am very pleased.

vermylen thanked Kim G
  • homepro01
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

mjocean,

The broiler in the steam oven is not replaced by taking the item out of a steam oven without broiling and putting the item in an oven with a broiler. When I bake bread in the steam combo, it helps to have a broiler for even baking of the crust. I also use this to make Chicken where I want the item to have a nice crust on top. Miele has a feature in its oven called Surround (used to be Intense Bake) that activates the broiler and the bottom element at the same item to add in even browning. The combi ovens have the same feature. I don't currently have the Miele but I have been trying it out at the showroom for a few weeks. It really is a great unit. I think the Gaggenau is the only same in class steam oven. I would love Miele to add a side opening door but it will not happen:-(

I will be getting a unit that is not plumbed. It allows me to place the steam oven in a more convenient place in my kitchen without having to add new plumbing.

A link to a Miele Combi User Guide to get an idea of some of the modes available and which elements are used during the mode.

Vermylen,

If you have not been to a showroom, find one close by and try something in the combi oven. My chocolate chip cookies came out great in the oven!

Good luck!

vermylen thanked homepro01
  • janejanel
    5 years ago

I went through the same question some years back. Miele has more features for the $$, so I originally wanted that, but at the time they didn't have a combi/convection steam oven that could take 208V (what I had), so I settled with the Wolf instead. And I must say, I've been really happy with it. It works, it's not fussy. Yes, it doesn't have the color swipey screen the Miele has, but I'm not convinced I miss that all that much. Would I like a broiler? I think so, as it is something I use, but I do have another big oven with the broiler (that unit almost always takes a backseat to the convection steam unit) and I can use that when I'm broiling something, so it's not too bad. I've kept tabs on the Miele, and I've discovered that considering that if you don't get a plumbed unit, the Wolf is more forgiving than the Miele on how much water is in the tank (I'm pretty lazy and never fill it up all the way, and the Wolf lets me still use it as long as I have enough water).

If you really want to go into the details about adjusting settings, moisture level, turning on upper element broiler, you'll want the Miele, but if you just want to use it, I think you'd like the Wolf. I certainly don't regret having to "settle" for it at all.

• andrea863
    3 years ago

Vermylen, Hi. Which steam oven did you end up choosing and are you happy with your decision? I am having the same debate Miele or Wolf? Would be grateful for your feedback.

• HU-622577708
    3 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for a plumbed combi steam oven. Is Miele and Gagenau the only brands that offer plumbed versions? The ones I've seen are very expensive, I'm looking for a more budget version... please let me know your models and views. Thank you

• cbailey82
    2 years ago

We looked at Wolf, Miele and Gagenau. I've used Miele ovens at friends home and Gagenau seemed too complicated for what I wanted. We went with the Wolf and love it. The interface is intuitive, the water container is on the top control panes so we have the full width of the oven for cooking. Food comes out amazing and the oven has been a game changer. It is well made, easy to clean and functions well as a convection oven. Our favorite is combi cooking. We also have the Convection Wolf and that gives us the broiler functionality plus extra oven space. I'm thrilled with our choice and am not looking back with any second thoughts.

• sunarakaa
    12 days ago

@ cbailey82 Are you still satisfied with your Wolf steam oven? We’re renovating our kitchen and trying to choose between the Wolf plumbed combi steam oven and the Miele plumbed CSO , along with their convection oven. Could you also share which Wolf model of convection oven you have? Have you encountered any issues with blue enamel chipping?