Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lepperlock

Linear fireplace

lepperlock
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Are there any linear fireplaces out there that don't throw out a ton of heat? I've seen stories where people purchased a linear fireplace and it threw so much heat that they didn't use it that often. I don't want to make a big mistake.

• Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (13)

• lepperlock
    Original Author
    6 years ago

And are linear fireplaces on their way out or here to stay? I don't want to do a renovation and have it look dated already.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

They are either gas or electric, and yes they give off a ton of heat, and it must be on LOWEST ember glow to avoid that. Call a specialty shop in your area on SITE. and do not buy a damn thing online.

• PRO
    Vancouver Gas Fireplaces
    6 years ago

Most linear fireplaces we sell feature remotes that handle your comfort needs, so you can set them to a certain temperature.

Talk to your local retailer about fireplaces with heat control features. Travis Industries and Valor Fireplaces are great brands to consider and are widely available.

• tozmo1
    6 years ago

Definitely talk with a local retailer. Some of them have features that can direct 25 - 50% of the heat to your furnace (with ducting of course) and your existing HVAC system can circulate the heat throughout the entire house.

• lepperlock
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Tozmo1

What brand or manufacturer has the feature that you can direct 25-50% of the heat into the ductwork?
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Go. To a Local. and Reputable. Seller : ) Have then come to your home. Every situation is different. Six trips to get this.........gas. Almost ALL of them need straight up, venting.

• Shre J
    last year

Hi @Tozmo1, how is the Echelon I working out for you after all these years? We are planning to get Echelon II but cant find many reviews.

• tozmo1
    last year

@Shre J Love it! I crank it up every cold evening. it also has a light feature that I can turn on without the flame on warmer days for ambiance.

The trickiest thing was finding a heat resistant material for the upper part since I didn't want to run the tile that far up. I finally found a very cost effective cement panel option.

Here's the final:

Closer:

Someday I'll get the glass shelves for the cabinet space on the right side, 😄.

• Kate
    last year

The electric ones don’t put out much heat when on and you can leave the heat off and just have the flames. We installed one in our cottage and are in the process of doing another. Great option if you’re just looking for ambiance rather than as a heat source.

• Shre J
    last year

@Tozmo1 thank you so much for replying. Your review is super helpful. And I love the looks of your fireplace and its surrounding! The cement panel is such a smart idea. I will have to look into that. Thanks again for sharing :)

• tozmo1
    last year

@Shre J I got my cement panels from this company https://cementboardfabricators.com/

They were very easy to work with and the panels were cut to our specs or they will send you the proper saw blade to cut them yourself. The panels were very reasonable, the shipping was more than the product as they are very heavy and packed to ensure no damage i.e. in a shipping crate. That was five years ago, so who knows what's happening now.

All the best on this, keep us posted on progress.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    last year

I love my electric fireplace that I bought ONLINE. You can turn the heat fan on to blow hot air into the room, or leave it off.