Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pearl1976

LG Hausys Viatera Clarino Quartz Pics Any One ?

pearl1976
7 years ago

Does anyone have Viatera Clarino quartz in their kitchen? I would very much appreciate it if anyone would share their pics. Thanks.

Comments (67)

• Jodi Johnson
    6 years ago

I’ve seen some threads complaining about oil/grease looking spots or milky looking spots on LG Hausys viatera. Anyone with clarino have those issues? Wondering if they are limited to certain colors mostly?

• wilson853
    6 years ago

Before signing on the dotted line with Home Depot or Lowe's, I suggest finding out the fabricator that they use in your area. In my area, their fabricator has numerous complaints about poor workmanship. There were even several complaints about sinks falling out of the countertop! Do your due diligence. Buyer beware.

• maryhoffman28
    6 years ago

ssoncy30. thank you for your pictures can you give me your cabinet paint color and name of chair company and where u purchased two tone kitchen chairs

• ssoucy30
    6 years ago

Clarino is such a neutral tone that it works with everything. I presently have birch color cabinets but will be changing that to an off white color. The backsplash tile I will be using is a crackle Sonoma color called Ecru, which looks fabulous with it. Will post pictures at the end of the month when completed.

The stools will be for sale soon if any interest. All four counter chairs have a swivel mechanism. They were purchased ar the “Chair Gallery”.

• mmpowers89
    5 years ago
    ssoucy30, I am very anxious to see your pictures once you have the Clarino and backsplash installed. I have cherry cabinets in a dark chestnut stain and was looking for something with a warm white background.
  • maryhoffman28
    5 years ago

thank you much ssoucy30 I will look at ecru. so funny I picked gardenia from Sonoma crackle

• ssoucy30
    5 years ago

I probably should have picked Gardenia. The Ecru tile started to go up and I had them take it down. It looked too yellow tan with my beautiful Clarino quartz counter. I just found something else yesterday, still a Crackle Tile, but the color is more crisp and compliments the counter so much better. I’ll post pictures when it’s done. Would. Love to see yours.

• mmpowers89
    5 years ago

ssoucy30 can you please advise what tile you ended up using for your backsplash? Also, maryhoffman do you have pics to share of your backsplash? My Clarino is being installed right now, and it's still up in the air as to what to use for the backsplash.

• Jeanne Cardwell
    5 years ago
    Following
  • mmpowers89
    5 years ago
    Clarino on cherry cabinets with chestnut stain. I really love how it turned out.
  • Tl Howard
    5 years ago

Hey, people, let's see your backsplashes. I'm considering Clarino!

• Raquel
    5 years ago

Would love to see pictures of clarino with maple cabinets!

Thanks!

• coronadojean
    5 years ago

I am doing my kitchen and its almost done but 1 slab of viatera clarino is not going to be quite enough for my laundry area and kitchen. I am buying another slab but need less than half of it ...............anyone want to buy 1/2 of a slab of clarino?

• HU-712196187
    5 years ago
    I’m considering doing the Clarino on cherry cabinets so like the pics but want to see a slab. I’m also thinking about have the fabricator make it thicker on island. Has anyone tried that?
  • tasb12345
    5 years ago

Can can you please recommend a back splash for the Clarino countertops with a Maple kitchen cabinet? pictures would be most appreciated

• Parag PP
    5 years ago

Any Backsplash recommendations?

I placed order for Clarino & have light maple cabinets.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/will-the-lg-clarino-quarts-look-good-with-these-cabinets-dsvw-vd~5699777#24069060

• tasb12345
    4 years ago

Can anyone please share what back splash you used with the clarino counter top?

• mileaday None
    4 years ago

Does anyone care to share positives or negatives about this product. I have only seen a small sample of the Clarino but it is now on my list to consider for my kitchen reno. Thanks

• Parag PP
    4 years ago

Just installed yesterday.. will share pix once we have backsplash..

• Krystyl Perschon
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Anyone have backsplashes for the Clarino they are willing to share? I’ve been looking forever for a backsplash for mine and I’m struggling! Share away!

• Parag PP
    4 years ago

We are finally going with below tile. (yet to install)

BOARDWALK SAND STRIA STONE MOSAIC WALL TILE

we saw quite a few tiles from Home Depots, Lowes, Tile shop & brought/returned 10-15 samples.

We have maple cabinets & this tile matches with both countertop (Clarino) & our cabinets !

You can go to Tile shop & see actual tile.

• Rose Tomasi
    4 years ago

Appreciate the suggestion and posting. We have maple cabinets also, and it has been challenging to find a good match.. We are also going with Clarino and haven’t even begun to consider backsplashes yet. Love your choice.

• Rose Tomasi
    4 years ago

Would love to see pictures.

• robin_n
    4 years ago

Would love to hear from those who have used Clarino in a "honed finish". We are considering using it on an island that has a sink and a cooktop on it. There are 4 recessed lights above the island and we like the idea that they won't reflect with the honed finish. But we are concerned about staining, cleaning and general maintenance. Thanks so much!

• Beth Cook
    4 years ago

• Beth Cook
    4 years ago

I picked the Viaterra counter in Clarino for a rental remodel because it seemed I could either pair it with gray or cream on the cabinets and subway tile. (Clarino has both gray & brown tones worked in quite subtly.) I ended up choosing gray, as you can see, and am quite happy with it!

• Beth Cook
    4 years ago

• dewitt492
    3 years ago

Anyone willing to share the wall paint they used with Clarino quartz? We have cream colored cabinetry in our bathroom also.

• Vijay J
    3 years ago

I’m looking for suggestions for paint color too. We have light maple cabinets in our bathroom. Would a blue-gray paint work? Not sure if a cool paint color goes with a warm tone counter top.

• Susan
    3 years ago

I picked LG Viatera Clarino for our kitchen remodel. It was a 3 months decision of looking at many many countertop choices, I am super duper excited about my choice. I haven't gotten it physically in my kitchen just yet, but, like ssoucy30 said above, it's just a beautiful quartz. it plays so well with so many styles, it's subtle in it's pattern, but yet stands out & will go with both light & dark cabinetry & can be used with any hardware, even black & look great, it's a very versatile quartz. I want to point out something though, for anyone considering this quartz for their project. I know this is sold at Home depot, but, if at all possible, please look through your local distributors for slab yards that carry the LG Viatera line in a full slab, instead of just the sample you see at a Home depot, even your local kitchen & bath centers, who might not have a full slab, but a countertop with the LG Clarino on it. No offense to Home depot, but, you really need to see this quartz (or any stone you're considering) in person, in a full slab, to see the beauty of it & also to know better what you are going to get in your kitchen/bath etc...Someone asked about paint color. I am personally going to use Benjamin moore, chantilly lace, it's a soft white, which IMO, pairs very well with the soft whites in the clarino, but I also like a very light kitchen, as my kitchen has no natural light. If yours does, chantilly lace might get bleached out a bit too much, so I know another BM color that many have used called swiss coffee that is a favorite, it's creamier, but with natural light, doesn't come off yellowish, again, please try it on your walls for several days before buying. In the grey family, BM gray owl has been a favorite. I hope that helps.

• Michelle Startable
    3 years ago

Can you share your backsplash decision? I am really struggling; trying to stay away from white subway...

• HU-991035103
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I needed countertop material that would complement our oak cabinets, so I chose Clarino, and I love it! I selected Element Bliss in Mist mosaic glass tiles for the backsplash. I got a Blanco sink in Truffle. Walls were painted BM Saybrook Sage. The new faucet is satin nickel, so we changed out all cabinet hardware to satin nickel.

We used a local business, not a big box store, that came out and took measurements for the countertops, ordered the slabs, cut the slabs, and installed the slabs. If there had been any problems, it would be on them.

• HU-622180783
    2 years ago

We recently installed Clarino Viatera Polished Quartz countertops in our ranch style home creamy white kitchen. We chose not to go brushed because I read that it was more porous than the polished and more prone to allow staining. We chose Champagne Bronze hardware which really helped bring out the coppery tones in the Clarino, a warm gray backsplash, and a white farmhouse sink because I did not like the yellowy “pee” looking cream colored sinks. Also, the darker sinks show water spots so that was an easy no. The white turned out great and it’s definitely a show stopper. The countertops are shimmery and beautiful.

• HU-991035103
    2 years ago

For those of you who want a dark sink, all is not lost. Blanco sinks are 80% ground granite, and mine has never had a water spot. Blanco is fabulous, and I cannot recommend it highly enough!! If you don't believe me, check out the reviews.

• Susan
    2 years ago

HU-991035103, your countertop looks BEAUTIFUL, I'm so happy for you, I love the copper hardware. You're right about the Blanco composite sinks, they are amazing, I love them.

• kalenasmith
    2 years ago

I'm planning to purchase Clarino quartz paired with light gray tile for backsplash. Cabinets will be white uppers and dk gray lowers. Anyone who has used this quartz care to comment? My fear is that there is not enough gray in the quartz. Walls are light gray.

• Beth Cook
    2 years ago

We put it in with gray cabinets. The Clarino definitely has enough gray to work. We are very happy with it!

• kalenasmith
    2 years ago

Beth, I was hoping you'd comment! I saw your earlier photos and thought it looked great but photos can be somewhat deceiving. I also liked the tile you choose for a backsplash. Do you remember what it was? My cabinets won't be quite that dark. Thanks!

• Beth Cook
    2 years ago

It was an inexpensive gray subway tile from Home Depot, still in stock: Jeffrey Court Weather Grey 3 in. x 6 in. Subway Glossy Ceramic Wall Tile

• Monica Madden
    2 years ago

We are in the process of selecting our kitchen countertops and I prefer the Brushed Clarino as apposed to the Polished but I am concerned about the durability, staining, and need for more maintenance. Has anyone gotten this product in the brushed version, if so what are your comments. Thank you!

• gemstone911
    2 years ago

Can anyone share what backsplash they went with to go with the Clarino?

• laurennicoleholland
    last year

HU-622180783 I love your kitchen! Where did you get your bronze cabinet pulls?

• lilliru
    last year

I just picked the Clarino quartz for my bathroom countertop. i will have it on top of a cream color vanity with a mosaic backsplash. Now i just need to find a paint color.

• ssoucy30
    last year

Gorgeous!

• aloija
    last year

Ditto! Gorgeous!

• nathalya
    11 months ago

If anyone needs more pictures, I have one here that has a polished finish. The tile on top is in one of my bathrooms, I was trying to see if they matched but thought hey why not upload more reference pictures for people. Here ya go!

• Tina J
    9 months ago

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I am also thinking of going with this quartz and have natural maple cabinets. Will it go with that?

• Selina Perry
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

HU-622180783, What color cabinets are those with the Clarino? I'm thinking about SW Alabaster with Clarino for my reno and was curious how that would compare to yours.

• HU-622180783
    12 days ago

Selina Perry, I am actually not sure - we bought them with that color on the cabinets already. The color itself is a very warm and creamy white (more on the peach side vs green/blue if that helps). I would get a few sample whites and a sample piece of the countertop and paint a piece of cardboard (using the proper base coat + 2x coats of paint) and hold them up to the countertop sample. This has helped us choose the right whites in the past. Hope that helps!

Also sorry for the extremely late reply laurennicoleholland, but the cabinet pulls/knobs I used are Richelieu BP790128 in Champagne Bronze finish. Highly recommend and they come in various lengths which was useful.