Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_h_

Kohler Vibrant Brushed Nickel go with Kohler Vibrant Stainless???

ellen_h
15 years ago

I've been hanging out here for months. Has anyone had these finishes together on the same sink? The Simplice I like (K-596) only comes in Polished Chrome or Vibrant Brushed Nickel, and I'm finding it hard to put the soap dispenser or even the InSinkerator near it. No direct match. This Simplice fits my price and style, although I'd prefer Satin or Not-So-Vibrant Brushed Nickel. Everything else (lighting, shower enclosures) is Brushed or Satin Nickel. Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments (8)

• ellen_h
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm starting to think that I may need to choose another faucet and start again. I plan on 4 items behind the sink and it's not going very well. Any suggestions for a pull down single handle faucet that has the "feel" of the Kohler? Thanks.

• kelliu
    15 years ago

I ordering a Danze Opulence Stainless Steel Kitchen Faucet. Model D414067SS

Here's a website I found with great prices...

http://www.danzefaucetwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1351

Good luck!

• klutterkara
    15 years ago

What is vibrant polished nickel? How does is compare to polished nickel?

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Have you looked at a Kohler Brushed Nickel soap dispenser?

When you refer to the InSinkerator, are you talking about an Garbage Disposal or Instant Hot Water faucet?

I have Kohler Vibrant Brushed Nickel Vinnata (K-690) & Fairfax faucets and Kohler Vibrant Brushed Nickel soap dispensers. My Kohler Disposal Flange is Brushed Stainless and Kohler DuoStrainers are Vibrant Stainless. My InSinkerator airswitch is Satin Nickel (looks just like the Kohler Vibrant Brushed Nickel).

OK....I just looked up your faucet and, according to the Kohler site, it only comes in Polished Chrome & Vibrant Stainless, not Vibrant Brushed Nickel.

The "matching" soap dispenser, the "Soap/lotion dispenser with Contemporary design" (K-1995), also comes in those finishes (among others).

InSinkerator Hot/Cold dispensers appear to come in Chrome, Brushed Chrome, and Polished Nickel (among others).

If you stay w/the Simplice, I think I would go with the Polished Chrome faucet & soap dispenser and Chrome Hot/Cold dispenser.

Does this help?

• kelliu
    15 years ago

I was told the vibrant has more of a shine to it...

• ellen_h
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kelliu, thanks for the link, and I hope you love your Danze!
    buehl, absolutely correct - Polished Chrome or Vibrant Stainless on the Kohler 596. I had been on this for days, frustrated at the lack of nickel choices for a few faucets I liked. When I'd settled on the Vibrant Stainless (less shiny), the InSinkerator (hot water dispenser) did not have a match. P.S. Many thanks for putting together the Stone Information/Checklist. It is a welcome tool to better equip me for the days ahead. And I'm switching gears on the faucet for now. Thank you all for this forum!!

• cgcrouch
    3 years ago

My husband doesn't like the big goose necked sinks and wants more of the low profile old fashioned kitchen faucet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a lower profile goose neck sink for a compromise? I have looked and looked with no luck.